Yay Snow! She can honestly out rhyme quite a few cats and I think it’s time yall give her some respect!
The National Weather Service has issued a Blizzard warning for the Baltimore/Washington area over the next 3 days. Two thoughts come to my mind as I type this: aint nobody got time for snow and praise be the name of the Lord.
I work in a profession that doesn’t care if the world is on fire, because the show must go on. This winter advisory has encouraged the powers that be, to ensure my safety and not ask me to travel through such conditions. Glory to God. In any event I have already gathered my 5 things to do while being snowed in for the weekend survival kit.
1. Clean your house. Ok, I know that no one wants to clean in their free time, but I am a fan of being highly productive. Sometimes the work week causes me to rush my house cleaning rituals, so a snow day could give me much needed clean up time.
2. Read a good book. I just downloaded part 2 of a book that i just finished reading some time ago, and now I’m waiting for the snow! No rush…just the joy of some good ole fashioned sci fi mystery to get me in the mood.
3. Binge watch tv. Those of us striving in The Netflix era know that there is NEVER enough time for movie/tv watching. Snow days are a great way to catch up on all of your shows.
4. Meditate. Dude, if I had time I could LITERALLY meditate for days on end. Take these snowy cold outside moments to reach nirvana.
5. Pick up that hobby. Yesssssssssss. It’s time to break out that old screenplay you’ve been putting off for several months. Dust off that old guitar. Introduce your acrylic paints to that canvas in 2016. Make use of the right side of your brain and get creative. God gave you a day off…enjoy it.
That’s my list of 5 things to do while enjoying a snow day. What are some things you like to do while partaking in cabin fever?