Ahhhh! This joint is a banger! New music from the city of Baltimore, with the big homie Self Conshus. Conshus has been known to get down on the mic and I’m anxious to see what his newest project holds. Check out Pen Game and let me know your thoughts. #DoItNow #LetsGo
The National Weather Service has issued a Blizzard warning for the Baltimore/Washington area over the next 3 days. Two thoughts come to my mind as I type this: aint nobody got time for snow and praise be the name of the Lord.
I work in a profession that doesn’t care if the world is on fire, because the show must go on. This winter advisory has encouraged the powers that be, to ensure my safety and not ask me to travel through such conditions. Glory to God. In any event I have already gathered my 5 things to do while being snowed in for the weekend survival kit.
1. Clean your house. Ok, I know that no one wants to clean in their free time, but I am a fan of being highly productive. Sometimes the work week causes me to rush my house cleaning rituals, so a snow day could give me much needed clean up time.
2. Read a good book. I just downloaded part 2 of a book that i just finished reading some time ago, and now I’m waiting for the snow! No rush…just the joy of some good ole fashioned sci fi mystery to get me in the mood.
3. Binge watch tv. Those of us striving in The Netflix era know that there is NEVER enough time for movie/tv watching. Snow days are a great way to catch up on all of your shows.
4. Meditate. Dude, if I had time I could LITERALLY meditate for days on end. Take these snowy cold outside moments to reach nirvana.
5. Pick up that hobby. Yesssssssssss. It’s time to break out that old screenplay you’ve been putting off for several months. Dust off that old guitar. Introduce your acrylic paints to that canvas in 2016. Make use of the right side of your brain and get creative. God gave you a day off…enjoy it.
That’s my list of 5 things to do while enjoying a snow day. What are some things you like to do while partaking in cabin fever?
As an adult, something happens at the end of every year. I find myself reflecting over the previous year’s accomplishments and failures. For the most part, I’m not too hard on myself and I’m always impressed at some of the obstacles I’ve overcome (with the help of the Almighty). I pride myself on being productive and try to be reasonable when it comes to goals and my life mission.
Today is January 4, 2016 and I arrived at work thinking “what am I going to do with my life?” I love my job, and for the most part life is grand, but without growth and evolution…we inevitably die. I started thinking about the rat race that we all succumb to if we get complacent. Go to work, pay bills, travel and little and do it all again. I am satisfied with today…but my tomorrows are another story. How can I make this year even better than 2015? What am I ultimately going to do with my life?
Like a millennial, I googled ‘What Am I Going To Do With My Life’ and came across thee most exhilarating article from Tiny Buddha. The author, Jammes McWhinney, sounded like he spoke to my every inaudible thought at that moment. I found the post inspirational not just for the ‘I need to make a change’ type of person, but also for someone who may have questions on their current path. We all are in some realm of self discovery as we journey life. Check out the article and let me know your thoughts on the questions and your response.
Happy Hump Day! I came across a great read from Melissa Dinwiddie about diet, self control and happiness. I’ve seen or experienced some of the struggles she mentioned first hand! Check it out and share your thoughts.